Clinical App Analyst
- Healthcare applications experience as typically acquired in 6 to
- Technical and/or business experience.
- Software implementation experience using diversified product
lines of information systems is preferred.
- Strong problem and issue resolution experience.
- Proficient at specifying user requirements.
- Knowledge of industry standards to support business
- Knowledge of health care operations and structure, general
requirements in an integrated delivery system, and use of
information system applications in the practicing health care
environment is desired.
- In-depth of knowledge of application environments including
production, test and interfaces.
- Broad knowledge of multiple and integrated systems.
- Thorough understanding of hospital inpatient, clinic outpatient
operations, and/or financial software along with understanding the
technical environment of product lines for which they are
- Ability to be involved in multiple projects at the same time.
- Good organization skills; ability to prioritize multiple
activities and objectives in a rapidly changing environment, and
deliver quality service.
- Work closely with health care application users, vendors, and
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service and
responding to user needs in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability
to communicate complex technical issues in terms clearly understood
by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation
computer programs, preferably Microsoft. Strong collaboration and
- Self motivated, self-directed and independent thinking as well
as an effective team player.
- Ability to take the most highly complex problems, requirements,
or strategies; research solutions and take from concept to
implementation for desired outcomes.
Required: BA/BS, Licensure, and Nursing Informatics – RN or equivalent education and experience
Configures and Supports the Applications
- Obtains and documents software design change or enhancement
- Participates in and/or leads the installation and configuration
- Provides expert analysis of new requirements or enhancements to
existing applications and prepares specifications and documentation.
- Assesses the feasibility of proposed new product features and
integration with standard applications.
- Provides strong data analysis, design specifications and
- Analyzes problems and suggests innovative solutions after
validating with current application functionality.
- Implements and tests new application releases in conjunction
with established change control processes.
- Influences customer relationship and support as it pertains to
- Maintains the Application
- Actively participates in or implements upgrades to production
applications, making configuration changes to assigned areas.
- Consults with customers and vendors to identify and resolve
advanced problems, following through to ensure final resolution.
- Maintains overall system functionality and effectiveness
including troubleshooting and recovery.
- Reviews and manages various system log files, error reports,
alert audit logs, and security access logs, as assigned.
- Keeps assigned tables and profiles updated.
- Writes new and updates existing test scripts for all phases of
testing in assigned areas.
- Communicates status of key issues on a regular basis to
- Communicates status of incidents and problems to key
- May assist with or conduct training sessions as required for
health care providers and customers.
- Maintains thorough knowledge in the application's design and
use; continues to increase knowledge as the product functionality is
changed or enhanced, through attendance of appropriate application
and technical training sessions.
- Attends training sessions and learns how to use other software
applications in order to actively and effectively use those
applications during interface and integration testing.
- Develops a working knowledge of application database, desktop
configuration, and application configuration for effective
participation in all phases of project implementation and
Back to Careers Page